The Clinical Sales Manager will grow the Intellijoint Surgical user base in the New Haven Connecticut region. This role will drive Intellijoint’s sales growth and will manage Clinical Specialists who cover product use cases as well as generate opportunities in the region. Clinical Sales Managers are responsible for increasing the number of new hospitals and surgeons using Intellijoint products while assuring the increased utilization of products within existing accounts.
As a snapshot, we are looking for someone who:
- Has experience selling medical devices or medical technology and has done so with proven significant success
- Has a passion for sales; is ambitious, goal orientated, comfortable with being uncomfortable and is committed
- Experienced in building professional working relationships with surgeons and/or users of medical device products and technology
Expectations and Employee Experience:
- It is unrealistic for us to believe we will find someone who fits this position 100%
- Be passionate about growth, both personally and professionally and know that we will support you along the way
- Work hard each and every day but know that you will be rewarded for that hard work
- Be ok with change, this will happen as we scale but this should be seen as exciting and something you want
- You can expect that we help you be you!
- - Flexibility so that you can do your best both at work and outside of it
- - Relaxed yet professional workplace that encourages inclusivity
- - An understanding of how your performance is measured
- - Culture = Passion. We have a ton of passion for the product, improving patients’ lives and working collaboratively to achieve common goals.
- - Oh ya, some amazing social events too! These will be formal, informal, scheduled and pop up out of no where. Be prepared, we like to work hard but have some fun too!
*If you aren’t happy about these expectations, we may not be the company for you.
**If you are happy, great, we would love to hear from you!
The Journey, Mission and Future of Intellijoint:
- What we are doing is “improving patients’ lives by providing every surgeon with effective, easy-to-use technology.”
- Born out of a University of Waterloo final year design project, Intellijoint HIP® improves the accuracy of hip replacements by providing surgeons with real-time, interoperative measurements to ensure proper positioning of orthopaedic implants during Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- Already, our product is being used in thousands of surgeries that spread throughout the United States, Canada and Australia and we will continue to look at expansion into other areas.
- Develop and utilize strategies that focus on the growth of new and existing opportunities in your assigned region
- Own the full cycle sales process from generating leads to closing deals and following up with accounts to ensure the successful adoption of our products
- Understand national, regional and territory sales objectives while working in partnership with sales management to achieve and exceed objectives
- Delivery of a consultative sales approach
- Represent Intellijoint Surgical during a surgeon’s initial surgical procedure to ensure value and complete the sale
- Manage active accounts and develop new users and facilities within approved networks
- Manage, onboard, and mentor the Clinical Specialists in the region that will support case coverage and uncover opportunity
- Convey customer feedback to product management and Research & Development
- Educate and train physicians, hospital personnel and office staff on technical matters relating to Intellijoint products and related procedures
- Deliver one-on-one training sessions, in-service education programs, seminars and/or outside symposiums
- Serve as effective Intellijoint Surgical representative to physicians and support staff regarding Intellijoint products, service and support
- Promote the safe and effective use of Intellijoint products and related procedures
Skills and Experience to Enable Success:
- Experience working in the medical device, medical technology or orthopaedics industry
- 3+ years of sales experience with a consistent track record of exceeding targets
- Skilled in business communications, sales presentations, influencing without formal authority, and the ability to understand and articulate the value of the company’s products in both clinical and economic terms
- Creative problem solver who is able to function and excel under pressure
- Ability to effectively interface with multidisciplinary teams persistent yet respectful
- Strong team player with the ability to both lead and take direction
- Level-headed, deliberate and always learning
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent 2-handed lifting of up to 40 lbs. from floor to chair/table and from one to another surface at approximately the same level
- Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day
- Environmental exposures include eye protection, infectious disease and radiation
- Ability to wear 7-9 lbs of lead for extended periods of time while in the Operating Room
- Frequent bending/stooping, squatting and balance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
- Ability to travel throughout the territory extensively with ease (must have access to a car)
- Must be able to drive approximately 80% of the time within assigned territory
- Clinical Sales Managers are required to be within their assigned territory each day to be available as unscheduled needs arise
- Clinical Sales Managers are periodically required to work weekends, evenings and nights. Clinical Specialists serve as a primary resource for scheduled and on-call assignments
- Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy